Keblinger

Keblinger

Pages

7/14/2011

Frozen banana treat

My sister sent me this link today about a single ingredient ice cream. Yes you heard right, one ingredient. I liked this idea, because it is very similar to how I fix ice cream for my little handsomes, so thought I would share.

Now, I have not tried making ice cream with only one ingredient as the author of this post suggested. However, we do make dairy free banana smoothies or ice cream often with only two ingredients.

Here's how we do it for the smoothie:

freeze ripe bananas (if we don't eat them before this stage). Blend a frozen banana with rice milk or soy milk (you could use regular milk if you do not need it to be dairy free). Add liquid slowly to get your desired consistency. And enjoy!

Now for the ice cream:

(good to use if you did not freeze your bananas beforehand.)

Take 1/2 banana and mash well. A Ziploc bag works great and the little ones can squeeze and mash it, because we all know they like to help!  :)


Add 1/2 cup rice or soy milk and mix well. If you want it to be a little sweeter, you could add touch of sugar or another sweetener. Place it in freezer and mash bag to stir every 30 min-hr until frozen. We like to do this at lunch, so that it's ready for our afternoon snack. (makes one serving.)

Enjoy!


-Cindy



3 comments:

  1. Sounds so delicious, especially during these hot days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Cindy- I love your blog! Your boys are so sweet! Feel free to hop over to mine and follow along :) http://meettheharringtons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete