Keblinger

Keblinger

Pages

2/22/2012

Who wants pancakes?

Cooked pancakes for my little handsomes! We ate A LOT, and there is still plenty to go around! Guess that's what happens when I make a double batch and it's only us eating them. Our bellies were full, and the food was yummy!


These are great pancakes!!!! (And vegan...although no one would know if you didn't tell.) I have tried tons of recipes, but always go back to these. I just alter this plain, traditional pancake recipe to what I want. I have made them with whole wheat (substititing half of plain flour for WW), blueberry, apple cinnamon, chocolate chip, and even adding flax. My most recent adventure was to leave big pieces/slices of apples for a fritter taste.(I ate most of those, so you can't see them in the picture.) And again, I thought they were a success.

Try them! I think you will agree.

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups rice milk (also have used soy)  
  • ¼ cup applesauce (or 1 TBSP ground flax with 3 TBSP water mixture)
  • 3 tablespoons oil

DIRECTIONS
  1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, applesauce (or flax) and oil; mix until smooth.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.

 -Cindy

2 comments:

  1. I love breakfast food and I know these are delish! Thanks for posting the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I haven't met too many pancakes that I don't like and these sound much healthier so I'll have to try them out Saturday morning!

    ReplyDelete