Keblinger

Keblinger

Pages

2/07/2012

Pork Tenderloin and Sauerkraut

I love easy meals that I can fix up and let cook all day. So when I saw this idea for a crock pot dinner of pork, sauerkraut, sweet potatoes, and apples, I thought I needed to try it! What a great sounding comfort food for cooler days!

I have to admit, I very rarely use my crock pot, but my dutch oven, well that's a different story! I use it every week for soups, chicken, etc. So out came my trusty kitchen pot and in went the food. I didn't follow the original recipe exactly, but instead used it as inspiration.


Pork Tenderloin and Sauerkraut

one boneless pork tenderloin
3 large sweet potatoes, cut into large chunks
1 large apple, peeled and cut
2 small cans sauerkraut (probably 15oz cans, or somewhere in that area...I can't remember exactly)
1 cup baby carrots
1/2 onion, largely chopped 
garlic
salt
pepper
olive oil

Lightly brown tenderloin in drizzle of olive oil. Place remaining ingredients in dutch oven and season to taste. Pour approx one cup of water in pan to cover potatoes and carrots. Cover, then place in preheated oven at 350 for 2-3hrs.

Enjoy!! If you want to have more of a stew-like meal, you can add additional water prior to baking.

You can see what my meal looked like after combining all ingredients. However, I didn't manage to get a picture after it came out of the oven! Straight to our bellies it went! :)



-Cindy

2 comments: