Keblinger

Keblinger

Pages

10/17/2011

Pumpkin Granola

I made another batch of the pumpkin granola last week! I used this recipe as a guide. If you like granola, you will like this. It is perfect for fall, using it as cereal, over my cooked apples (which then tasted like apple crisp), or as a snack. I even added allergy friendly mini chocolate chips for a sweet treat. Yummy!




Pumpkin Granola
Ingredients:
5 cups rolled oats
2 teaspoon cinnamon (I used cinnamon only, but you could add pumpkin pie spice or nutmeg if prefer)
¾ tsp. salt
¾ cup brown sugar
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup applesauce
¼ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup raisins
Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 325° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, spices, and salt. Mix well. (old fashioned oats would be best, but I only had about 1/2 cup left of those. I used the quick oats and they worked just fine, but the larger oats would be even better)
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, pumpkin puree, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth. Pour wet ingredients into oat mixture and stir until the oats are evenly coated. They will be moist. Evenly spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove pan from the oven and stir. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the granola is golden and crisp. Remove from the oven and stir in raisins. Let cool completely. Store in an airtight container.

Enjoy!
-Cindy

2 comments:

  1. That looks good! If I find a spare moment this weekend I'm going to make it.

    Oh and yes, the program I applied to is similar to what Brett did.

    ReplyDelete