Keblinger

Keblinger

Pages

9/06/2011

Cooked apples

Fall like weather here (in 50s and 60s) the last two days and I keep thinking about apples and pumpkins! These are two of my favorites in all my cooking for fall!

So today for lunch I made some cooked apples. I wish I had a picture of them, but we ate every last one! But they were the best apples I have ever made, and will probably be the only way I ever fix them again!! Really!!


I had a pear that needed to be eaten, so in it with the apples.

While cutting up the apples and pear, I just had the idea to add some orange zest. Then I added pure maple syrup, some cinnamon, a little water. And then my idea again with the oranges...so I added a little orange juice! It smelled wonderful!!!

And the taste...well, like I said before, the best apples I have ever had! Both boys gobbled it up too. I now have tons of ideas for cooking these apples and recipes with this combination in the coming months!

(I don't have exact measurements, because, well...that's how I cook...by taste and smells! :) But I will pay close attention next time I make it--which will be soon--so that I can have an idea of how much of each I added.)

-Cindy

1 comment: