Keblinger

Keblinger

Pages

4/16/2012

Chocolate Chip banana cookies

I wanted to have a sweet treat after lunch today. So on the inspiration of a cookie I made a long time ago that used banana as the base, I whipped these up. Very good for a healthy cookie. My oldest said they were the 'best ever' after he reached for his third cookie! (good thing they were small) Ha!

If you know me and my cooking, I put a sprinkle of this, a tad of that, and a dash of this. But these are pretty much spot on to what I think I added. I wanted to write it down so that I can make my measurements more precise and include in it my normal cookie baking.

So here it is. My healthy(ier) chocolate chip banana cookies! (by the way, this is a very small serving. Made about 9 small cookies.)



 Chocolate Chip Banana Cookies

1 ripe banana (mashed)
2/3 cups of oats
1/3 cup raisins
1/8 cup mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy life brand to keep them allergy safe for my family)
1 TBSP oil
1-2 Tsp pure maple syrup
sprinkle of cinnamon
pinch of salt

Stir together all ingredients. Scoop in tablespoons onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 15-20 min, or until slightly golden brown.

Then enjoy your healthier alternative to a oatmeal chocolate chip cookie!

-Cindy

2 comments:

  1. They looked and smelled good! I'll have to try one tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great even though I'm not a fan of bananas! Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete